Sunday, October 24, 2010

Did your weekend include passion?

I promised myself I would paint, and I did! It's amazing how saying something out loud forces me to stick to it.

Friday: I chose to paint, instead of run - sometimes we need to forgo one passion for another. I chose the greater or two goods. (Unlike this upcoming election - where sometimes I feel as if I am forced to choose the lesser or two evils).

Saturday: I ran 5.5 miles AND I collaged. I took the paintings I had left drying in the garage, and I cut them up and began collaging. Not done yet. PLUS, took my daughter to get her hair done for the Homecoming Dance - she was happy. It's so pleasant in my house when the teenagers are in a good mood. Then I had dinner with good friends. I got to engage in four of my passions!

Sunday: Today is just beginning, but my plan is to continue collaging and paint on top of the collage. I also get to run with a friend and decorate the house for Halloween. (I was going to say, "I have to decorate my house for Halloween", then I decided that if I look at it as a "get to" instead of a "have to" than I am choosing and I win!)

Did your weekend include passion?

No comments: