Thursday, December 20, 2012

Journaling - My New Project

Yesterday I went to The Goodwill used bookstore and bought several hard cover books - novels and non-fiction.

You can follow this metamorphosis as I cover over the words of this book with drawings, collages and paints to reform a book of my own.

I have chosen one, originally titled, The Book of Eleven, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, and I am going to transform it into my own personal journal. The only reason that I chose this book was because I liked the size (5"x 5") and when I randomly opened the book, I read:

"I WANT TO THANK Dr. Seuss and his classic My Book About Me for introducing me to the process of putting thoughts down on paper, resulting in self-examination and unwarrented self-importance."

I LOVE Dr. Seuss!!!! His work has influenced me throughout my life.

Day 1:
I removed the dust cover and collaged a picture of myself and I have retitled it, The Book of Power, Goodwill, Hope: Understanding, Treatment and Resources.

No comments: