Sunday, July 10, 2011

Torn Paper Collage with Ink

It has been awhile, but I am back and my promise to you is that I will post my art again on a weekly basis (more often if I am able to).  

This is a ripped construction paper.  Glued together and than enhanced with ink pen design. 

I began this piece while I was working with a client.  She is an adult female who I feel is very controlled and fearful. After several weeks of her drawing, I took away some of her control and told her that she could only tear the paper.  As she worked I created my own torn paper collage.  I have been making art along-side my clients more often these days.  I have abstained from doing this in the past, but recently I feel that I can watch my clients without staring at them.  Otherwise, I get bored and the client sometimes feels judged.

I completed this collage by adding repeating patterns (some of which I borrowed from Henna designs).  I liked the focus that these tiny designs required, but at times it was exhausting and felt very much like I was perseverating. I like this and I want to do more in the genre. It is really an interesting juxtaposition of letting go of control and almost OCD control.

No comments: