Sunday, August 28, 2011

Calabasas is Mourning

As summer heat climbed into the triple digits, school started this week.  Both my daughters are now in high school, and they were really looking forward to seeing their friends and starting a fresh new year.

On the second day of school, all the families were informed of an unspeakable tragedy... a beautiful, talented and loved 16 year old girl took her own life.  The entire community of Calabasas is in mourning for the family as well as the future that was not meant to be for her.

As a parent of a 16 year old girl, I am devastated and saddened to my core, but I can not even imagine the anguish of waking up each morning and realizing that it was not a bad dream.  I send you love, light and hope.

As an Art Therapist, MFT and grief counselor, I would like to offer my services in any way that I can.  I will meet with friends, siblings, classmates or adults.  Or I could facilitate a group at the high school, Swim and Tennis Center or my office here in Calabasas.  Please feel free to contact me directly at 818-836-1239.  I am here for support.

No comments: