Sunday, August 28, 2011

Officiating a Wedding

On July 29, 2011 my brother married the girl of his dreams, and I had the honor of officiating the ceremony.  When they first asked if I would be interested in performing the marriage, I was sure they were kidding.     After it became clear that Dave and Nathalie genuinely wanted me to preside over the wedding vows, I went down to the County Commisioners' Office in Norwalk, CA to take an oath and become deputized for one day to perform a marriage ceremony. (I did not even know that was a "thing")

On a breath-taking cliff, overlooking Malibu's Point Dume Beach, and surrounded by family and friends, I conducted the marriage ceremony.   I did not realize how emotional it was going to be.  We all cried and then we ate an awesome dinner at Geoffery's Restaurant in Malibu overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

If the whole Art Therapy thing doesn't work out, I can use this as a fall-back career.

No comments: