Sunday, August 28, 2011

SoulCollage: Four months after surgery

Way back on May 6, 2011, my daughter Cydney had a surgery to remove a cyst from her ovary (the Dr had to take the ovary also).  It very was scary, and I felt angry and helpless.

Now, almost four months later, she is healthy and it is almost as if it never happened. I created this SoulCollage right after the surgery while I was still scared confused and angry, but also grateful.

There are images in this collage that look like an egg, as I was thinking about my daughter's ovaries and her ability (in the future) to get pregnant - or not.  To be a mother is something that is very important to her - something I did not know about my own daughter until this situation came up.

The hands holding cans look like that old telephone game.  I guess I was thinking about communication.  At first it was hard for my hubby and I to talk about our daughter without blaming each other, but I realized that we had to be on the same team and stop the blaming.  But there is a knot in the line - that interferes with direct communication.

No comments: