Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 4: Carnation Pink

This color felt yummy, like cotton candy or bubblegum ice cream (not that I like bubblegum ice cream, but it is definitely childhood yummy). These shapes seem light and airy and floating - there is a lot of movement. Most of the shapes are clustered together, while just four seem to be escaping.
This is the first drawing that is horizontal - it needed to spread out. Expand.
My interpretation: I am in a place in my life right now where I feel more independence. My teenage daughters are moving out in their own directions, and I have more time to focus on me and my passions (like when I was in my twenties). "Me" is taking up more space in my world and I am moving out in new directions. This is exciting and new (and yummy). Even child-like.

No comments: