Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 1: Red Violet


This drawing seemed to evolve out of the color. It feels very organic, but almost in the opposite color than I would expect it to be. I've always thought of "Red Violet" as a Victorian and uptight color. This does not feel like that.

I am open to your interpretations. And I am curious to see if others want to draw their own picture with a "Red Violet" crayon.

Crayon has never been my favorite medium. I am going to have to explore unconventional ways to use this art material. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to love shaving or grinding crayolas and place those shavings between parchment paper sheets, then iron it - not too long - and pull the sheets apart. Cutouts of those designs, glued to colored construction paper, make nice cards.... but really, it's a nice medium for all kinds of arts and crafts :)