Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 10: Forest Green

Just before I started today's drawing I was filling out insurance forms and getting very frustrated. That takes two things that I highly despise, medical insurance and filling out forms.  Needless to say I was NOT in a good mood.

I picked a green color, because I have not used a dark green yet,and I realized that my daughter, Sawyer, HATES this specific color of green.

I started with a big, angry X in the center of the page. That became a row of Xs.  Despite my original resistance, I had to draw Os.  Up to that point, I had been drawing in silence, but than I felt compelled to listen to The Black Eyed Peas' song "XOXOXO".  (Now that song has been stuck in my head all day). Hearts just emerged in the spaces between the Xs and Os. I really am sort of proud of how my anger and frustration, evolved into love. I am really trying to let either let go of or embrace my irritations and dissatisfactions.  I think the way this drawing progressed demonstrates this well.

As I was drawing, I felt that the lines at the bottom where a spider web. But once I stepped away, and saw the drawing from a distance, it looked more like platforms way up high above a chasm. The mountains above and the valley below, and a lot of love in between.  Sappy.

No comments: