Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 33: Gray

I'm not feeling great today.  Just a little head cold, but it is rainy and I just wanted to stay on the couch all day and watch movies. I was able to relax and take it east after I presented a webinar on "Art Therapy - Interpreting the Art and Facilitating Communication", attended a Jog-a-Thon meeting at my daughter's middle school and saw a client struggling with school anxiety. Finally, I watched the Oscar nominated "The Kids Are All Right" - which was awesome.

I chose the color gray because today was definitely a gray day*.  But the drawing that came out is playful and silly.  I was drinking a cup of tea, out of a mug that I bought a few years ago in Tortola, British Virgin Islands.  I refer to that mug as "My weekend cup", because I use it only on the weekends to feel special and relaxed.  (My hubby teases me about having a "weekend mug", but it makes me happy).  The images in this drawing are taken from that mug.

I just now notice that there are two of everything in this drawing - two fish, two trees, two flowers, two shells and even two suns.  Why?  Maybe I am feeling alone and want to connect with someone else.  Maybe two makes me feel comfortable.  I have two daughters and two cats.  Thoughts from anyone else?  PS: Hubby finally came home after running the daughters here and there, and he brought me Matzaball soup.  Good hubby.

*Side note: Dr. Seuss has a book called, "My Many Colored Days" which was written in 1973, but was not published until after his death.  Dr. Seuss had specifically left instructions that this book be illustrated by someone else.  That is not an easy task, but was accomplished by two amazing colorists, Steve Johnson and Lou Fanche.  This book has also been made into a video that is scored by the Minnesota Orchestra and narrated by Holly Hunter - it is an amazing 15 minutes of pure joy.  Check it out!

No comments: