Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 35: Purple Mountains' Majesty

I've been avoiding this color, because it looks grayish purple, and seemed kind of ugly.  I purposely pulled it out today, because I am feeling yucky and blah - with a runny nose and a stuffy head.  Than I looked at the color name "Purple Mountains' Majesty" and that struck me as a silly, almost ridiculous, name.  BUT once I started drawing with it, I really like the color.  It is much more purple than I thought.

I wanted the mountains to be a part of the drawing, because of the name, so I started copying one of my old paintings that I have hanging in my dining room (where I am sitting to draw).  I forgot how much I really like this painting.  I did this painting right after my second daughter was born (WOW, it does not seem like 13 years ago that I made that painting).  I like that I was able to get several textures from the crayon in this drawing - by using shading combined with patterns.

I actually feel a little better after completing this drawing.  A little more energized and focused.  Maybe I can actually get something done today.

No comments: