Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 11: Silver

I was recently looking at a sculpture that my daughter, Cydney, did when she was 8 years olds. I liked the way it was divided into many sections with multiple patterns. I was inspired! With that busy design concept, I purposely chose a colorless color.  Although this is silver, it looks more gray. (I remember silver and gold as having more shimmer in them). That worked out fine, though, because today I am feeling tired, cold and achy - it seems like a gray day (even though it is Silver).

I was looking around the room for pattern ideas: one section is inspired by the crayon wrapper.  Another section is based on a tissue box design.  Yet a different pattern came from my hubby's old flannel that he carelessly tossed on the back of the couch. I just never know what will serve as my next muse.

I really want the crayon to make sharper lines.  I find that somewhat frustrating about this medium. However, yesterday I found some wood carving tools, and I am enjoying using them to scratch back into the waxy surface.  I am going to have to explore that more.

No comments: