Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 12: Multiple colors: Tree of Life

You are going to have to forgive me, but today I deviated from the rules...

I had a vision, and I needed to create it.  That is what evolved into this "Tree of Life".  It started with the idea of the crayons as the trunk, or structure, of the tree and the branches emanating out from the crayons.  The way I envisioned it was that both the conscious and the unconscious exist together and balance one another out.  Therefore the top portion on the white paper represents the conscious mind, and the bottom, black portion is the unconscious mind.  Notice that the colors are polar opposites -complimentary of each other.  Both sides carry equal importance, and the picture can be turned upside down and it will still make sense.

This multimedia painting was a lot of fun to do, and I want to take it even further.  I picture it as an animated Photoshop image that starts as the simple crayon tree, and than the branches grow and evolve into a full tree with the heart leaves.  I know that can be done, but I do not have the Photoshop skills to do it.  If anyone out there does...please, I can use you assistance.

I will return to our regularly scheduled program tomorrow. One color per day. By the way, don't worry that I used up so many crayons, because I used crayons from a different box so that I would not interfere with the 64 day / 64 crayon project.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not assist with the technical part, but just wanted to jump in and say, "Wow!" What an awesome and powerful vision! And so beautifully re-created for all to see. Thanks for sharing it with us!