Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 17: Tumbleweed

I did this on the airplane heading to Charlotte, SC.  The image was inspired by color name "tumbleweed". I started drawing tumbleweeds at the top of the page.  Looking out the window at the mid-west down below, I was inspired to draw a landscape.  I wanted a path trailing off into the distance.  (The Beatles' song "The Long and Winding Road" was playing in my head).  Once I drew the mountains, the tumbleweeds looked more like some kind of UFO lights in the sky.

I added the ripped up pieces of wrapper for some texture.  This was the last moment of  peacefulness that I had today.  Here is what happened....

The plane landed 25 minutes late.  I had to run, in high heels, through three terminals of the Charlotte airport to make my connection to Columbia, SC.  I made the plane, but my luggage did not.  When I arrived in Columbia, I got my rental car, and left the airport without my luggage.  I arrived at the Marriott, and they told me they were overbooked (even with a confirmation) and they were sending me to another hotel.  I made it over to the second hotel at 10pm, dropped off my backpack and went back out for dinner.  The hotel clerk suggested a restaurant which ended up being 20 miles away (WTF!).  I was half way through my meal when I realized that I had left my wallet at the hotel.  I told the manager of my pathetic evening, and told him I would call with my Visa card # as soon as I got back to the hotel.  I did (he probably did not think I would ever call).  After a midnight shower, I tried to sleep, but kept having dreams about my missing luggage.  At 2am my luggage arrived.  Yeah!  Tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most important information for me.

And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

Also visit my web page; http://dolphin.kreactionweb.com/ScottIAMB