Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 41: Asapagus

Here's the funny thing...
I drew the entire picture BEFORE I even looked at the crayon name, and it looks like an asparagus plant. Crazy, right?!  I think it was just the color that inspired the plants.  It was also the design on the tissue box in front of me  - you never know where inspiration comes from.  I really like to have something to look at, as opposed to making up ideas out of my head. I don't like admitting that out loud.  My critical voice in me says that creativity has to come from inside, but my supportive voice says that creativity can find inspiration anywhere.  So there, stupid critical voice.

Having a bad day - fight with the hubby - just not connecting or seeing eye to eye on a lot of things.  Than daughter suggested that we go out for a run together.  Amazingly, I feel better, and I am almost ready to make-up with hubby.

I find that the daily drawing does the same thing for me that exercise does - I don't necessarily feel motivated to do it, but if I force myself, I always feel better after.

PS: Daughter just asked if I married "Dad" because he is "inferior".  I sarcastically told her absolutely.  She says she is kidding but she like nerdy, wimpy guys.  Hubby may present to others as wimpy, but he is very hard-headed and opinionated.  Daughter is funny. (I did not even mention to her that hubby and I had an argument).

3 comments:

watchwhathappens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

wimpy is not a word I would use to describe him. hope it all worked out!

Unknown said...

Thank you. It did. Marriage is hard.