Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 42: Red Violet

I spent most of the evening cutting out magazine pictures, because I am starting a monthly Women's Art Group, and our first meeting is this coming Saturday.  I am very excited about this group.  It will be an evening of art, wine, food and friends.  I have been feeling isolated and alone, and looking for a new way to connect  with friends.  I am hoping this will provide a new experience for most of us to build relationships and take it to another level.

 I figured that I would have them start with collage because that is less threatening than drawing.  The reason I mention this is because this drawing is inspired by a large picture of lips that I cut out of a magazine.  Tonight I am drawn to that image for some reason, so I chose a red color that would be fitting.

I am trying to be very aware of what I eat these days.  Conscious eating.  Making better, healthier choices.  Possibly the reason I was drawn to the mouth image tonight.  Also, this image is very sexual and sensual.  I guess that's where my head is at right now.  It also looks like it is waiting or wanting something - the mouth seems anxious.  I guess that is where I am ....  Waiting and wanting.

As I was scanning the drawing into the computer, I realized that the very first drawing that I did in this series was "Red Violet".  Oops.  I must have taken a crayon from another box in the beginning.  But the weird thing is that today's "Red Violet" is a different color than January 23rd's Red Violet.  It's quite confuzzaling (that is daughter's word).  I am now wondering if January's color was actually "Violet Red" as opposed to "Red Violet".

No comments: