Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 65: Mahogany

Last Day of Crayola Crayon project.  Sad.  Not a great place to end.  Bad day.

My private practice has dwindled to almost nothing in the past few months.  I had one client scheduled today and she cancelled (she's agoraphobic, so she cancels about every-other appointment).  So, I went in to the office anyway, because I was expecting some checks in the mail - NOTHING.

Money is diminishing quickly from every direction.  I was lecturing in Toledo and Detroit last week, very low turn out for the seminars and almost no sales of book and/or DVDs.  No one signed up for my webinar this week. I am to the point where I am considering having to give up my office and practice, because I am barely seeing enough clients to cover rent and expenses.

This economic depression has finally hit here, and it has hit hard.  I feel like Dorothy, where everything I know and identify with has suddenly been pulled out from under me.  I know this is happening all over the country and many people are worse off, but I am at the point where I need to rethink my career path.  Is private practice still a viable livelihood?  If not, where do I go from here?  The rules have completely changed, and I do not even know who I am anymore.  If I am no longer an Art Therapist, who am I?

No comments: