Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 49: Brick Red

Well can you guess if the color name inspired the drawing or if my mood inspired the drawing?
The answer is ALWAYS: Both!

I have always drawn and painted bricks.  I love the chaotic pattern. I have several paintings that I made while I was in collage that have brick walls.  There is something very protective about a brick wall, and very powerful to break it down.  (Maybe because I was into Pink Floyd while I was in collage).

But here's a question... Why a tunnel?  It started out that I intended to draw a fireplace, and this is what emerged.  For me, the tunnel signifies traveling through something to the other side.  An emergence or rebirth, if you will.  Tonight close friends told me they are pregnant.  Maybe that is why the tunnel - like a birth canal.

No comments: