Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 51: Yellow Green

Yuck! I DO NOT like this drawing.  That is my critic voice.  The chin is wrong.  In face drawings, the chin can make or break you.  It can really determine how masculine or feminine the figure looks.  Too big or too square and it becomes a man - more rounded and it is female.  However, now that I am looking at it, there needs to be more space between mouth and chin and less space between mouth and nose.  The proportions are wakey.

Usually I like this color.  I call it "Appletini Green".  Maybe Crayola would consider changing the name.  I have an LL Bean winter coat this color - which I LOVE.  I am not really a fan of the Appletini, though.  It's too sweet. I just like to say it. Appletini.  Everyone try it at home.... Appletini.  Isn't that a fun word?

I took little daughter to get her hair done today, and her stylist gave us a card with an image similar to this drawing.  So later when I sat down to draw, the card was just lying there on the table in front of me. What could I do?  I had no choice but to recreate this sensual seductress.  (Appletini)

I don't think there is too much subconscious stuff in this one.  I was really just copying.  However, she does look like she is looking back over her shoulder in a paranoid/anxious way.  Am I feeling paranoid or anxious?  I didn't think so. But maybe people are out to get me...I did not realize that one could be sensual, seducing, paranoid and anxious all at the same time. I guess anything is possible.

Appletini!

No comments: