Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 60: Goldenrod

When I think of Goldenrod I think of allergies.  So I started by drawing a nose.  I wanted it to be a feminine face, but it turned into an old man face. How did that happen?  Again, I did this during my lecture, while the attendees were collaging (in Detroit, MI).  One of things that I tell the attendees of my Art Therapy seminar is "the art can lead you in a direction you do not intend." Consciously I wanted to draw a woman. However this is definitely male.  The other thing that changed from my original intention is the tree-like thing inside the head.  I was thinking about allergies, so I had intended to draw sinuses.  This looks more like the brain.

So, what does that all mean?  I'm  not sure... I was feeling manly?  Not feminine? That does not feel right.

I have not had seasonal allergies in many years (I took allergy shots for several years). Despite the shots, I think that's mostly a result of moving out to the west coast.  Different pollens here, and it's so much dryer (although it is hard to say its dry here after the torrential rains we've been having).  

Maybe the Golden"rod" has become the brain-stem.  The lifeline to my thoughts and behaviors. It also connects the inner world to the outer world.  I like that.

PS:  because I titled my last Tweet "Is there Thai food in Detroit?"  I now have a Thai restaurant in MI following me on Titter.  Too funny.

No comments: