Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 50: Peach

Well, I just HAD to draw fruit when I saw that today's color was "Peach". I really didn't want to.  It seemed too obvious, but the subconscious wants what the subconscious wants.  Ultimately, it's okay, because I like to draw/paint fruit.

I was sitting in a Parent Teacher Association middle school meeting while I was drawing this.  (Not the most exciting of meetings - needed something to keep my mind occupied).  I heard a podcast on NPR that quoted a study: People who doodle while in a class/lecture had 29% better recall than the non-doodlers. "According to a study published in the journal Applied Cognitive Psychology, doodling while listening to a message can actually help memory recall."  


So, what I am saying is... I can tell you 3 times as many details about what was said in that meeting than those who looked as if they were paying attention.  However, more details are not necessarily better - it was still dull.
  
I really like this drawing!  There are many different elements to it: The fruit, of course.  The straight-edged boarders with just the right amount of flair in the top left and bottom right corners.  The three dimensional quality of the stairs on the top and bottom. And the circles in the lower left and upper right corners.  My OCD really likes the symmetry and balance of this drawing.


Good job, Pammy!

No comments: