Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 58: Chestnut

Today I am in Ft. Wayne, IN, and I will be heading to Ohio this afternoon.  I was born and raised in Ohio.  I checked out the Crayola name and when I saw "Chestnut" it reminded me of a buckeye, and being that Ohio is "The Buckeye State" I really had no choice but to draw the state of Ohio.  Without having a map to look at, I drew this.  Despite that I think I did a pretty good job with the Ohio shape.  (Okay, I have to confess that I actually drew it backwards.  Once I got on the Interstate between Ft. Wayne and Toledo, I saw the actual Ohio shape and realized that I drew it backwards.  So, through the beauty of the Photoshop, I flipped the drawing and now it looks right.)

Its too bad that I am not going to see my family at all while I am here.  My Mom is in Cleveland, and that is about 2 1/2 hours from Toledo, and my Dad does not even know that I am here.  I told him, but he does not remember.  I have a great father.  He's really loving and demonstrative with his affection, but he is quirky.  He only recalls about half of what I talk to him about.  I used to think that memory problem was some type of early Alzheimer's, but now I am pretty convinced that he is just on a shit-load of pain medications.  We all wish that our relationships with our parents were different/better.  I wonder what my daughters will say about me in 10 years.  Or what they say about me now.

I feel like I need to call home and check in with hubby and kids now.

No comments: